There’s a bunch of reasons you could be moving to Miami. Beaches. Weather. Work. Shopping. Whatever the motive behind your move, you will need to find yourself a comfortable place to call home.
When it comes to condo living, Miami has a huge variety. From ultra-luxury to the basic, you’ll find a Miami condo to fit every budget and need. However, before you embark on your condo hunt, we want to make sure you have an arsenal of tips, Miami Penthouses for Sale tricks and insider information so you can make the best of your condo purchase.
One of the first things you need to sort is which part of Miami would you want to live in.
Where to Live in Miami? Finding the Best Neighborhood for You
A self-evaluation is absolutely necessary in order to zero in on the right neighborhood. Here are some questions to help figure out the possible best Miami neighborhood to live in for you:
• What kind of lifestyle do you want? Beach life, urban dweller, edgy progressive, sports-centered, low-key family life? You don’t have to choose one, but deciding what your priority is will certainly help guide you in the right direction.
• What is the most important to be close to? Work, school, college, my favorite activity? Keep in mind that Miami is a popular place with a bit of traffic, so vicinity is key to quality of life.
• Do you need public transportation in Miami? People in Miami love their cars, but as traffic increases people are ditching their cars for Uber and public transportation. If public transportation is important to you, you will need to have a Metrorail, Metromover, Metrobus or Brightline station close by that gets you to where you want to go.
• Would you prefer to be right in the middle of all the action or “close, but not too close” to it?
• Are you okay driving to great dining, entertainment, art or shopping? Or is walking a must?
• How concerned are you with safety in your neighborhood?
• And of course, what is your budget? The more a neighborhood offers in terms of conveniences and amenities the more expensive it tends to be.
Location drives prices
One of the major factors that will drive your choice of neighborhood is your budget. Living in an area that offers the maximum conveniences and amenities gives you the best of everything, but also pushes up prices. For instance, the average sales price per sq. ft. for a luxury condo in South Beach second quarter 2017 was $1,022, as compared to Coconut Grove’s $482. Again, while a luxury condo in Bal Harbour would set you back $2,170,143 on average, an Edgewater or Midtown condo would cost only $766,556. For more in-depth information on overall and per neighborhood prices, refer to our luxury condo market reports here.
Condo Buying Tips – How to Find the Best Fit?
Once you have a neighborhood in mind, it’s time you take the next step. You can use our filtered search tool to explore the various condos for sale in each neighborhood. Miami is not like most other major cities. We like to think that what is optional in most cities comes standard here, as we are known to like to live the good life. Read on . .
Your Residence: The Comforts
Views. Miami is a dynamic city and so are its views. From romantic city lights to dramatic water views, you name it, we got it. Miami’s water view selection isn’t just limited to the beach and ocean. We also have the Miami River and Biscayne Bay mustering up some breathtaking scenery.
Many who come to Miami insist on having direct ocean views. The view of the ocean is indeed a dramatic, marvelous view during the day, however keep in mind that if you are beachfront with a direct oceanview, your view at night will literally be a sea of darkness. On the other hand, the Bay and Intracoastal views that capture both water, greenery and skyline views, which are stunning and dynamic, both day and night.